Friday, October 9, 2009

Miles Davis



MILES DAVIS

I listened to Miles Davis, bebop and his cool jazz, growing up, but I didn’t appreciate his music until I met my husband. Jazz Fusion and Free Jazz is what heard my husband play through out the years. This gave me a real
appreciation for the music Miles Davis gave to all of us. Miles Davis was considered the most influential jazz musician of the 20th century. Miles Davis was an American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, and composer. Being a
musician in Miles Davis band gave other musicians their names such as John
Coltrane, Herbie Hancock, Bill Evans, Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin, Cannonball Adderley, Gerry Mulligan, Tony Williams, George Coleman, J.J. Johnson, Keith Jarrett and Kenny Garrett. It is amazing that Miles Davis didn’t die of heroin overdose like his friends Fats Navarro and Freddie Webster. If he had then we probably would not be exposed to the great jazz music we have today.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment