Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trombone Shorty



Troy Andrews (Trombone Shorty) born January 2, 1986 has music in his blood. Trombone Shorty grew up in the Treme neighborhood of New Orleans’;he played in brass bands as a child and was a bandleader at the age of six. Trombone Shorty is the younger brother of James Andrews’s trumpeter and bandleader and he is the grandson of singer/songwriter Jessie Hill. In 2005, Trombone Shorty went on tour with Lenny Kravitz’s horn section. When the levees broke in New Orleans on August 29, 2005 Trombone Shorty along with other musicians from New Orleans got together in Austin Texas to do a benefit CD called “Sing Me Back Home”. I first heard Trombone Shorty’s music last year while I was riding in the car with my husband; I like the songs “Show Me Something Beautiful.” This young brother has played with various artists of different genres of music like U2, Green Day, Dave Mathews Band, Eric Clapton, Lenny Kravitz, Dr John and Wynton Marsalis one of my favorite trumpets players. Trombone Shorty performed in my hometown of San Jose California at the 2011 San Jose Jazz Festival I did not get to see him. I think this young brother is going to be around for sometime bringing that Trombone Shorty New Orleans jazz funk sound. 




LM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombone_Shortyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u2btTS9FL4

No comments:

Post a Comment