Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Saxophonist Jafar Idris


Jafar Idris is from Gary Indiana the birthplace of the late great Michael Jackson. Jafar Idris and his twin brother are the youngest of nine siblings. When Jafar Idris was ten years old he picked up the Saxophone. I know I’m glad he did and a lot of people are too, this young brother can blow! Jafar Idris his not only a talent on the Saxophone he is also a smart educated brother. While he was in high school he earned all A’s and became the first African American Valedictorian at Merrilville Senior High School in 90 years. Jafar Idris takes the covers of a variety of music artists like Chris Brown, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keyes, India Arie, Pleasure P, Keyisha Cole, Luther Vandross, Miguel, Usher, and Michael Jackson. Jafar Idris plays the saxophone to his interpretation of the song and it is truly wonderful. Jafar Idris plays the sax on some of the covers, I feel better than the artists singing them. I have listened to a lot of great saxophone players and I must say Jafar Idris is up there with them, he may be young but I know we will be well know real soon. Jafar is an unsigned independent artist, who needs to be signed. I can listen to Jafar Idris all day, the saxophone is one of my favorite instruments it’s so sexy! If you have never heard of Jafar Idris you need to tune into Streetwise Radio Jazz CafĂ© 12-1pm, you’re in for a treat. You can also tune into Streetwise Radio on iTunes, live365, Athena365, MyGen365.
LM


No comments:

Post a Comment