Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Snarky Puppy





DJ Michael Ealey is playing Snarky Puppy on Streetwise Radio. He told me that he would like to see Snarky Puppy at the 56 Annual Monterey Jazz Festival. I've never heard of Snarky Puppy. I thought, that is an unusual name for a band, I had to find out about Snarky Puppy and listen to some of their music. This instrumental fusion band from Denton, Texas is made up of 30 musicians blending their talents as keyboardist, saxophonist, brass players, strings and percussion to pure perfection. Snarky Puppy formed in 2004 and released their debut album “Live at Uncommon Ground” in 2005. Since then they have put out 7 albums. All their albums have a variety of  Jazz Fusion, Nu Jazz, Jazz-Funk, Progressive Rock and Instrumental Rock. I think the leader of Snarky Puppy, Michael League put together an amazing group of musicians. I'm a fan! Here are a few of my favorite songs “Thing of Gold”, “Young Stuff” and “Quarter Master”, You can listen to this amazing group of talented musicians on Streetwise Radio. You can also listen to Streetwise Radio on Gilroy Radio, MyGen365, Pandora, Athena365, Live365 and iTunes.



LM

No comments:

Post a Comment